How Was the CES® Program Developed?
The eligibility requirements and examination materials for the CES®
Program were developed by a national panel of experts, the CES®
Certification Council. They established criteria for necessary work experience, identified the body of knowledge for 1031 exchange accommodation and determined the content areas appropriate for the examination.
A professional consultant is retained to provide assistance with the development of the examination. The consultant specializes in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of such certification programs.
examination has been designed to meet testing industry standards for validity and reliability. All questions are written by 1031 exchange specialists and reviewed by a panel of experts prior to being selected for the examination.
What Is the Purpose of the CES® Program?
The purposes of the CES®
Program are to:
- establish nationally recognized standards of knowledge for 1031 exchange specialists;
- assess the level of knowledge demonstrated by 1031 exchange specialists in a valid and reliable manner;
- encourage professional development in the 1031 exchange accommodation field;
- formally recognize individuals who meet the requirements set by the CES® Certification Council; and
- serve the public by encouraging quality 1031 exchange accommodation services.
Certification Council, with the assistance and advice of professionals in relevant fields, has developed a credential that recognizes accepted levels of expertise in the industry with the goal of improving professional standards in 1031 exchange services. The CES® Certification Council welcomes constructive comments and suggestions from the public and the qualified intermediary community.
Visit the CES® website for more information